Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Purchase 2012
1) All goods are sold upon the following terms and conditions of SAC Marketing Ltd (the Supplier) unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing. Any Customer purchase conditions attached to orders or to any contract documents emanating from them or any other Customer document - whether signed for or not - are only binding in so far as they are not at variance with these terms and conditions or are expressly agreed in writing on Supplier documentation only, as above.
Pricing (including DISCOUNTS)
2) All prices: exclude VAT and Delivery (see below), are strictly trade only, supply only, are effective from 01/01/07 and are valid for 90 days (except see 'General'). All prices are subject to change without notice thereafter and are strictly confidential between Customer and Supplier and will not be disclosed to any Third Parties.
3) All catalogue prices are fixed and non negotiable.
4) In any dispute over prices the full trade catalogue price at time of invoice shall prevail.
5) For an order to be accepted a written/faxed purchase order must be received. Phone orders for payment by Credit/Debit Card only - and calling in person to our Head Office - if agreed in advance (see below) are also welcomed.
6) All orders must state: your account number - if applicable; an order number/reference; the full delivery address including POSTCODE; name of an authorised receiver site telephone number and/or mobile, requested delivery date plus whether you require a Timed/Saturday delivery (see below).
7) All orders, including Head Office collection, must be received by 4.00pm to maximise the possibility of next day collection/next business days delivery subject to payment/availability of stock. Any orders received after these times may be processed the following working day. We will make every effort to have ready/dispatch your goods ASAP and always aim for next day collection/next working day delivery - but this cannot be guaranteed.
8) IMPORTANT: Once goods have been ordered - including multiple orders/staggered deliveries - no cancellations, in whole or part, will be permitted. Under no circumstances will the Customer be allowed to return any goods for a refund unless faulty (see note on 'Guarantee�/Returns' below). Where 'out of catalogue' goods have been sourced specifically on your behalf they cannot be returned for credit under any circumstances.
9) Delivery must be added to all orders - from �8.49 (UP T0 20 KGS) + VAT. For delivery Timed before 09.30am please add an extra £25.00 + VAT. For before 10.30am please add an extra £14.00 + VAT. For Saturday Delivery please add an extra £15.00 + VAT. Price based on standard overnight delivery - mainland UK only. For heavy/bulky items e.g. Monitors, Cable etc. - Additional weight (in excess of 20Kg) may be charged at a price of £0.30 per Kilo. 0verseas prices available on request.
10) No liability will be accepted for any loss or damage caused by delay in delivery however caused. The risk in goods passes to you upon delivery/collection.
11) It is the Customers responsibility to inform the Supplier in writing by fax/post of any shortages, errors or damages in delivery within 48 hours, from dispatch date, after which it will be deemed that the delivery has been accepted, complete and to the Customers satisfaction.
12) OFFICE HOURS: Monday - Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm.
13) COLLECTION HOURS: Monday - Friday: 9.00am - 4.00pm
14) Goods may be collected directly from SAC Marketing Ltd only if agreed in advance. Please telephone - GIVING AT LEAST 24 HOURS NOTICE- to confirm stock availability, your order - which must be faxed/telephoned through before our cut off times (see 'Ordering' above) - and to arrange a mutually convenient time to collect. No liability whatsoever will be taken for a Customer turning up unannounced and for any reason not being able to be served.
15) By visiting SAC Marketing Ltd premises, including car park, the Customer consents to internal/external overt/covert video/audio recordings being taken, transmitted, stored - on and off site - and used for whatever purposes including handing evidence to the Police.
16) We accept payment by most convenient methods including cash, cleared cheque, bank transfer, or on account - once opened - and the following credit and debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Delta, Solo and Maestro. All cheques should be made payable to SAC Marketing Ltd.
17) Payment Terms: (New Business): Full payment must be received and cleared before goods will be dispatched. (Account Holders - see below): Strictly 30 Days end of month following date of invoice.
18) Before accepting an account we initially require: i) Personal guarantees (see below), ii) SAC Marketing Ltd Terms and Conditions to be signed in agreement ill) Completed account application form including both corporate/personal proof of identity/residence. iv) To build trust and goodwill the first order(s) for over �1,000 (net) to be paid upfront in full. For an account application form please telephone or fax us. Applications may take 7-14 days to be processed depending on the trade references supported.
19)The Customer gives full authority to SAC Marketing Ltd or its Agents to carry out any searches, credit enquiries, request references, information etc. from credit and enquiry agencies, existing Suppliers, banks etc. - both corporate and personal (Directors) - for any reason and at any time prior to and during the currency of the trading relationship. The Supplier reserves the right to amend/withdraw credit facilities at any time and for any reason.
20) IMPORTANT: In consideration of granting credit facilities to a Company - the Director(s)/Owner(s) undertake to personally guarantee the payment of any monies due to SAC Marketing Ltd by their Company. This personal guarantee is irrevocable until any outstanding balance is paid in full. (See Non Payment below).
21) WARNING: If - or you are in any doubt - your Company may not be able to pay us in full and on time - then please do not order - as you will be pursued in a personal capacity and your personal wealth will be at risk.
22) It is the Customers responsibility to ensure that sufficient funds/alternative methods of payment [both corporate/personal] are/will be available in readiness for timely payment of all amounts owed to the Supplier. If you are in any doubt as to whether or not you will be able to pay in full and on time then please do not order. No excuses whatsoever will be tolerated for late/non payment (see below).
23) Specifically, but not exhaustively, the Customer expressly agrees not to order goods [notwithstanding the above] if they - or if in any doubt as to whether they: i) Have cash flow problems, ii) Are reliant on payment from their [End User] Customers) as the sole means of paying the Supplier invoice(s) pertaining to those goods, iii) Have other conflicting commitments at or around our payment due date - such as wages, VAT, Tax, Nl, other Suppliers etc. which would result in late/non payment to ourselves.
24) Should the Customer fail to settle invoices/any amounts due within credit terms the Supplier will: suspend or cancel any further deliveries and charge interest - backdated from invoice date � charge overdue accounts an 8% late payment charge and interest at 2.5% over the Bank of England base rate; plus claim compensation for debt recovery costs incurred as a result of late payment and charge for our time (see �Labour rates� below). It is the Customers responsibility to pay all amounts owed on time.
25) In the event of non/late payment any discounts become null and void whether in writing or not and the prices return to the full trade catalogue price at the time of invoice.
26) For late/non payment by a Company - the liability of any outstanding balance will transfer at a time of the Suppliers choosing to the Company Director(s) in a personal capacity. At such time as we believe that the Company - i.e. its Director(s) - is acting unreasonably i.e. making excuses for non payment, employing delaying tactics, not keeping any promises made, not returning our phone calls/messages/correspondence etc. and we consider that there is little, if any, possibility of being paid by the offending Company in a timely/amicable manner.
Title of Goods
27) Title of/interest in all goods delivered to/collected by the Customer - or its Agents acting on their behalf - belong to SAC Marketing Ltd until the time of receipt by the Company of all sums payable, whether in respect of the goods or otherwise, in full.
28) We may at any reasonable time enter upon your and / or your Customers premises to recover goods in the event of non payment of any amounts owed to us. To protect their Customer, the Customer agrees to hold any deposits/payments paid for the equipment up to the value of the Supplier invoice, in trust ready for timely payment to the Supplier. Changes in Goods
29) Due to continual product development/improvements and/or in the event of equipment/component shortages, however caused, goods supplied may from time to time differ- brand/specification/price - from those listed above. We will endeavor to inform the Customer beforehand of any such changes, including changes in price if only an alternative product is available
30) IMPORTANT: All Silverline branded cameras are guaranteed for 2 years ONLY when the full catalogue price is paid for them. If any lower price is paid for cameras - i.e. as part of a special 'offer' or bundled package such as our Package Deals then the length of Guarantee immediately reverts to Standard 12 month Guarantee. All other items are guaranteed for 12 months from the invoice date.
31) Guarantee excludes �fair wear and tear� e.g. for video recorder heads, CCD sensors, IR LED's, Monitor tubes etc. damaged by normal wear and tear. Defects resulting from negligence or misuse, unauthorised modification, operating or storage outside of environmental specification, screen burn - such as excessive contrast settings, damage in transit or from external elements such as lightning, electrical surges, theft, accidental or malicious damage are not covered under any warranty claim - this list is not exhaustive.
32) PLEASE NOTE: there are no user serviceable parts in any of our equipment. If the Customer returns any suspected faulty equipment with signs of tampering, including serial number label, broken security seal etc. without the express written authorisation of the Supplier, then this will automatically invalidate the warranty. In any warranty dispute, as to what is or is not covered, our and/or the Manufacturers sole decision is final.
33) No goods may be returned without the express authority of the Supplier. In all events the Customer must provide written proof of purchase. Please ring to report your suspected fault and obtain a returns number which must be clearly visible / identifiable on the external packaging of the returned goods. Unauthorised returns, posted and/or hand delivered to our office, whether signed for/accepted, in error or not, will NOT be accepted/processed.
34) Returns, tested and found to have a genuine manufacturing defect parts and workmanship, within our Guarantee period (see above) may at our sole discretion be either (in this order) repaired, replaced free of charge with a new or equivalent condition unit - of the same or similar model / spec - or refunded, as the Supplier sees fit. It is the express responsibility of the Customer to return goods under warranty claim carriage paid.
35) Advanced replacement units will be charged at 100% of the current catalogue price or any price agreed in writing by The Supplier with the customer before being sent out. Advance replacements will not be credited even if the returned unit is found to be faulty.
36) It is The Customer's responsibility to send back any suspected faulty goods through a carrier that provides proof of delivery by signature. The Supplier will incur none of the cost of return carriage under any circumstances.
37) If The Customer deems a product simply unsuitable for their use after a period of 14 daysfrom the invoice date, a 15% restocking fee will be charged, after 30 days a 25% restocking fee will be charged, after 90 days a 50% restocking fee will be charged and after 180 days a 75% restocking fee will be charged. Goods will not be accepted back after a period of 1 year.
38) Any credit, less restocking, will be issued as a credit note which may be redeemed against future purchases of SAC Marketing Ltd equipment and is only valid for 12 months. Under no circumstances will money will be returned to the Customer (excludes 'Loan items' see below).
39) At the sole discretion of the Supplier, subject to a written loan agreement, goods may be loaned to Customers for any period up to 30 days on a 'Sale or Return' basis, free of charge for account holders, within credit limit, only. Non account holders have to pay for any loaned goods upfront, 100% refundable deposit basis, on the express agreement that the Supplier will completely refund all monies paid subject to the goods being returned carriage paid in an immaculate 'immediately resalable' condition. All Customers will have to pay a credit/restocking charge (see above) if the goods are returned not 'as new�. All Customers will be invoiced for the goods - irrespective of whether the loan was written/verbal - if they are not returned within 30 days.
12V DC Power
40) WARNING: All our 12V DC (� 10%) cameras supplied are highly sensitive and the Customer agrees only to use a regulated 12V DC power supply - available from SAC Marketing Ltd. If the Customer uses any other higher voltage and/or non regulated power supply and burns out / damages the camera prematurely then the warranty will be null and void.
41) If any leads are damaged or tampered with on any sealed units or warranty stickers are broken, the warranty is void.
42) In any dispute the Customer must return, in addition to the cameras, carriage paid, the suspected faulty power supply -whether ours or not - used with our cameras, for testing. The Suppliers and/or Manufacturers sole decision, as to whether the cameras are covered by the warranty, is final. Any event, including not providing the alleged offending power supply, may be adjudicated on a balance of probability/statistical analysis basis e.g. if no other cameras have failed in tie same batch and/or no other Customers have reported the same fault say.
43) The Supplier will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the Customer, any Third Party and/or its Agents/representatives whether direct or consequentially arising from: any delay in delivery of equipment breakdown or failure of equipment or from any delay in effecting repairs, adjustments or the fitting of any replacement parts; any representation concerning the equipment which has been made to the Customer unless the same has been made to the Company in writing; any loss or damage or injury to any person or property arising as a result of the use of the equipment however caused.
44) In any dispute, of whatever nature, the maximum liability of SAC Marketing Ltd is either replacing or crediting the invoiced value of goods in respect of which any kind of claim is made.
45) The Supplier shall not be responsible or liable for its failure to perform its obligations, if such failure is beyond the control of the Supplier, whether caused by acts of god, unavailability or shortages of materials of energy to produce and/or deliver the goods by usual modes of transportation, fire, flood, war, embargo, strikes, labour disputes, explosions, riots, of Laws, rule, regions, restrictions or orders of any governmental authority, or any other cause, other than financial, beyond the control of the supplies and its Suppliers.
Out of Warranty items
46) Out of warranty, either time expired and/or invalidated, suspected faulty equipment returned, carriage paid, for testing/repair will be subject to a minimum inspection charge of from �25 + VAT per unit. The Customer agrees that the Supplier, although we will endeavor to, is under no obligation to repair any out of warranty items, for whatever reason. We reserve the right to charge all customers upfront (100%) for this service. Written repair quotes available on request.
47) Occasionally the Supplier may from time to time offer for sale discontinued products, out of 'Manufacturers warranty1 items, ex demo terms - with or without evidence of use, visual markings, cut leads, cables not in original box/packaging etc. The Customer will always be informed beforehand and ex demo - or words to that effect - will be dearly labeled on dispatch notes, invoices etc. The goods will be offered on a bought as seen basis, at a discount to the list price which is reflected in a limited (up to 6 month maximum) warranty on all used terns.
48) For security, training purposes and to prevent fraud - all calls may be recorded and recordings held until such a time as no liability to the Supplier could arise - e.g. goods are paid for in full, out of warranty period etc.
SAC Marketing Ltd Labour Rates
49) The Supplier reserves the right at its sole discretion, to charge for our Companies time when undertaking any work -whether authorised or not - on behalf of the Customer. Examples of chargeable items, this list is not exhaustive, are: training � technical/End User, producing written quotations, investigating/sourcing out of catalogue items, designing/assembling systems/solutions specific to your needs, on site - sales/technical assistance, direct contact with your Customer, Non Fault Found returns, collection of any goods - which the Customer has failed to return on time, any time spent on debt collection whatsoever. The SAC Marketing Ltd charge out rate, within office hours, per person is: £25/half hour, rounded up to the next half hour and includes Traveling Time - which is chargeable for - but excludes any Traveling and Accommodation costs. Out of hours rates are from �50/half hour. We reserve the right to charge all customers upfront (100%) for this service.
49) The interpretation and performance of these conditions will be governed by the law of England.
50) If any terms are unlawful then they may be altered/removed/reworded without affecting the remaining conditions.
51) Due to any unforeseen global/national/local economic conditions, (including currency fluctuations, item shortages/unforeseen demand etc.) prices and specification may change without prior notice, for any reason and at any time.
52) Although we take great care to ensure that the details contained in our literature are correct, SAC Marketing Ltd takes no responsibility/liability for any errors or omissions, however caused.
53) At the sole discretion of the Supplier this document may be reviewed/amended at any time and for any reason in the future by means of alteration/addition/omission.
54) IMPORTANT: You are under no obligation to conduct business with ourselves. Please do not purchase from us if you are not entirely happy and/or do not agree unreservedly to and/or are unsure of any of the above.